Friday, August 14, 2009

NECTAR OF THE GODS: Artisana Coconut Butter


This is IT. The most divine food ever. If you like coconut and you haven't tried Artisana's Raw Organic Coconut Butter, you are in for the most sublime treat. You can eat it right out of the jar, put it in smoothies, spread it on toast, put it on veggies instead of butter, make frosting, put it in your curry, mix it up in raw food bars--perfect for kids' breakfasts or lunch boxes...there are so many things you can do with this stuff. It's the perfect food.

I love coconut in any form, so I am going to be partial to this. But I've tried other coconut butters and this is the best I've had. This is not to be confused with coconut oil, it's thick, fibrous and has a sweet flavor and you don't cook with it like you do the oil. Coconut oil is great too, and I will be talking more about that later, but this is more of a food--I would not eat coconut oil with a spoon.

Artisana's coconut butter is nutritious and deeply satisfying. I can't say enough good things about this stuff, it's one of my top favorite foods on earth. Premier Organics, the makers of Artisana, is an environmentally responsible company, so you can also feel great about supporting them. They make several other fabulous organic butters, you can check them out HERE.

No comments: