Friday, October 2, 2009

Stainless Steel Ice Cube Tray


I always wonder if my plastic ice cube trays are leaching chemicals into my ice cubes. After a bit of searching, I finally found some made of stainless steel. HealthE Goods stainless ice cube trays have a cool retro look and work great. They're not flimsy like the old school trays (that were made from aluminum) and they freeze up the cubes faster than plastic. As far as I know, these are the only stainless ice cube trays out there. You can find them HERE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome .. never even considered how many bacterias might be on an icecube tray! I will be getting a few of these asap! My wife is really into organic products as well!

N. Peter
Voyage home loans

Eco Mama said...

Hi VHL, I am mainly concerned about leaching plastic from plastic trays, though you do bring up another valid point. For bacteria, I just wash the tray each time I take it out to refill. But--Yikes! I don't think I want to know about bacteria and ice cubes! Maybe the cold air kills them off?
Cheers!
Eco Mama