Monday, September 20, 2010

Garden of Life VITAMIN CODE Raw Vegan Vitamins

I'm not a big fan of supplements in general.  I believe we should get our nutrients from our food--by eating nutrient dense organic foods.  Very simple.  Sometimes I think people delude themselves that they can eat the standard American diet and pop some vitamins and be okay.  Not a great idea.  There is no better way in my opinion to get your vitamins than eating nutrient rich fresh food.  And by this, I mean consuming a lot of organic vegetables and greens.

There are a couple of exceptions.  Therapeutic use of supplements, and supplementation of vitamins you might have no way of getting through food.  For me, there are three vitamins I take with regularity:  Vitamin D (because of my geography and I have tested deficient twice now), Vitamin B12 (because of my vegan diet, although I have never tested low on this even prior to supplementation), and iron (for just a few days of the month, otherwise I can run anemic).

Recently I discovered a brand of vitamin that I'm in love with -- VITAMIN CODE RAW vitamins made by Garden of Life.  These vitamins are completely different from most vitamins on the market.

They are made with raw organic plant based ingredients.  Fabulous! The idea is that your body recognizes the nutrients and is able to absorb them readily.  Sounds obvious, right?  But so many vitamins are not made with quality ingredients, or are synthetic and I believe, worthless. Vitamin Code, on the other hand, appear to be the gold standard in vitamins.  They are certainly the best I've ever had.  These are also the first vitamins I have ever been able to take on an empty stomach.  Other supplements make me incredibly nauseous.

Vitamin D3 is a great supplement for winter, and I think year round seeing as a huge portion of the country is deficient.  It can help your immune system fend off winter colds and flu as well as a host of other benefits.  Since sun exposure is waning with the end of summer, this is a great time to beef up your immune system with starting a vitamin D3 regime.

They come in glass bottles which I think is great, though I wish they were filled more than a third of the way--I'd be happy to pay more to get a full bottle and avoid that waste. If you haven't tried Vitamin Code yet, I highly recommend this brand.  Find them HERE.  Tip:  You can find them at a discount at online shops like Luckyvitamin and Vitacost as well as subscribe to regular shipments at a discount on Amazon.

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Great post and great review. We like Vitamin Code too.

bitt said...

I too wish they filled the bottle up higher!

I take the same supplements. I think it's wise to do it preventatively.

Eco Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by guys!
xo
Eco Mama

Smith Victor said...

Many thanks for sharing on this topic.The photo you shared is really awesome and useful for users for identify the product.This blog posting contain useful information.Thank you so much.Till next time keep updated on.
Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW Iron