Thursday, November 3, 2011

Horny Toad Eco Friendly Fall Fashion



I just discovered Horny Toad about a year ago, and they quickly became one of my top favorite clothing companies.  I love the versatile styles, the earthy rich colors, and the comfort factor of every single thing I've tried.  Their clothes are made with eco friendly fibers, and a lot of their stuff is made with organic cotton which I'm always on the prowl for.  I love knowing that what is against my skin doesn't contain pesticides, and cotton is one of those heavily sprayed crops.  It's not easy to find affordable fashionable organic clothing!  If you are not familiar, you must check them out and treat yourself--but I can almost guarantee you will get hooked (which is not a bad thing).

Check out the fabulous IMPROV JACKET.  The color is a lush mud-like brown.  It uber soft and dresses up or down--a lot of Horny Toad is great in this way, which makes it awesome for travel.  The buttons give it a feminine touch and the collar creates a flattering line.  The seams are in all the right places, making for a flattering fit.  This jacket is great for casual and also fine for the office.  It's destined to be one of my favorite wardrobe pieces, I love it.

My other HT pick for this season is the OBLIQUE V DRESS.  The idea behind this dress is that it has all the lines and look of a wrap dress, without the risk of coming open, or having too much cleavage exposure, making it great for work or more casual situations.  I love it with boots, tights and even over jeans.  For a dressier look, wear it with heels.  Perfect for holiday parties and way beyond.  Like most other Horny Toad pieces, there are several great color options, making you want more than one.

I have found some great deals on HT to fuel my addiction on sites like Rock Creek, REI, and 6pm.  And fyi:  Horny Toad has a really fun blog, check it out if you want to smile.