Friday, December 16, 2011

Darn Tough Socks for Stockings


There is something amusing to me about putting socks in a Christmas stocking, but it's very practical, everyone needs socks.  Darn Tough Socks are not just any socks, however, and they make a fabulous gift.  Not only are they very good looking and come in many different weights, designs, and colors, but they are very well made.  So well made that the company guarantees them for life.  Seriously, have you ever heard of such a thing?  Talk about sustainable.  My socks are expensive, and I'm almost never caught without slippers because I can't stand to walk on the floor in bare socks for fear of wearing them out.   So there are those moments when I'm tipy toeing to my slippers or shoes so as to try to keep as the socks off the floor.  With Darn Tough, I don't have to be quite so neurotic, uh, careful.  I confess to tipy-toeing a couple of times, but only because the socks are so beautiful, whether they're guaranteed or not, I still want them to last as long as possible.

This time of year, I like knee socks.  They're great under boots and when I'm not wearing boots, they give me the extra warmth I need.  My favorite ones are the cushioned ski socks which are padded and super comfy.  They stay up too which is important.  Wool socks rule--they regulate your temperature, don't get soggy when you sweat and don't hold unpleasant odors.

I am completely sold on Darn Tough, they are made in the US and they are made to last, concepts I wish other companies would catch on to.  They have a huge variety on their website, everything from plain and simple to feminine, to stripey and fun.  They come in all sizes, so there's something for everyone in the family.  Find them HERE.