Monday, January 16, 2012

Anamalz: Must Have Eco Toys

When my son was little, I was a huge fan of Holtztiger--cute wooden non toxic animals from Germany.  I'm still a fan and I've saved them for my son to hopefully pass down to his children.  Back then, Anamalz didn't exist, or he'd have a box of those to pass down as well.  If you have kids, you have to see these adorable little animals.

Anamalz are non toxic wooden toys made from sustainable maple.  These are super cute and I think will appeal to children for a little longer because they are posable and more interesting to older kids.  The soft velvety fabric is great for little ones who might be teething.  Each animal is hand panted with nontoxic water based paint.  They come in four categories--Farm, Wild, Australian and Prehistoric.  The dinosaurs are so cute!  Anamalz has an interactive website for kids with anamalz--they can enter their password and enjoy animations, play games, and get environmental preservation tips.  Find them HERE.