Friday, November 9, 2012

Winter Must Have: Acorn Slippers

Slipper weather is here again my friends, time for a new pair?  I love my Acorn slippers so much I wear them to tatters.  I learned that in order to lower my thermostat, I had to keep my feet warm and toasty.  You lose so much heat through your head and feet and you can handle a much cooler indoor environment if you can just keep something on one or both--especially your feet because walking around on a cold floor is not good.  I know I save a fortune on my heating bill just by wearing slippers, not to mention the savings on socks.  As soon as those leaves start dropping off the trees, my extra-warm slippers come out.

If it's time for you to upgrade (or if you need an awesome holiday gift), check out these Chinchilla Collar Slippers.  They are like furry little clouds for your feet--so cozy and comforting!  A pair of these, a cup of hot tea and a good book and you are set for heaven.   They feel awesome but they also look really good, they're quite elegant, so you still get your fur (faux) and warmth, but they look very feminine and would look great with that sort of sleepwear.  Think cashmere robe (one can dream...). 


I also like Acorn's mules.  These are a must have standard for three seasons and are great by the door for when you slip your shoes off and slide these right on effortlessly.  Once you get used to wearing acorn slippers, you may not be able to live without them, you've been warmed.