Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Patagonia Drifter Eco Friendly Shoe

Need a reliable shoe for your spring and summer adventures?  The new Patagonia Drifter shoe is perfect for summer hiking and travel.  It's classified as a shoe, not a hiking boot, but I think the killer traction makes it appropriate for the trails--it's definitely more of a boot.  Because it doesn't have a ton of ankle support, I wouldn't go backpacking with these, or hike difficult or rocky trails, but for moderate hiking, I think they're perfect.  They're a decent weight at 14 oz, and the mesh will help keep your feet cool in warmer weather.  Very little break-in time with these, comfort level is great, and they are good looking and super durable.   

They come in different colors, but I love the "cardamon," the red contrast is so cute, and gives it an school hiking boot vibe.  Recycled rubber Ecostep outsoles boast some beefy tread and feel very stable.  I also love the black contrast to the tan nubuck and the way the black comes up high--it makes your foot look smaller.  Speaking of smaller, I recommend you order up one half size.   My true size is 8.5 and I need a 9 in this shoe.  Patagonia is an environmentally responsible company that backs up their product.